Saturday, March 19, 2005

Clapotis in progress

Finally started my clapotis. I am doing my first one in Ochre Silky Wool. My next one will be in Knitpicks Shimmer in the Happy Dance colorway. It is so great not to have to worry about going to work anymore. Monday I will have to start on housework that has been neglected for the job. The kids are all happy. I am too since I will have more time to devote to my fiber arts.

I started to brush the dogs today since they are starting to shed their undercoats. I have heard of people spinning their dog hair. I will give it a try. Yarn made out of their hair should really be very warm since they are mountain dogs. I just have to figure out how to go about spinning it. Clean it first then spin or spin and then clean. The undercoat I am getting from them is almost like the cashmere I have worked with in the past.

I think that is all for tonight. Will try to post a picture of the clapotis in progress tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so happy for you that you get to spend more time with your kids and your fiber arts!
Let us know how the spinning of your dogs' hair goes! I just read about that too, and it seems pretty interesting.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Hi Marie!
Thanks for stopping by - guess I'm still getting used to the living-abroad thing. My days are still mixed with complaints and new wonders found ;)
Best of luck with spinning the dog hair :)
Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines