Monday, October 24, 2005

First Snow of The Year

Yuck!!!! It is snowing. I am not ready for this. This morning the temperature wasn't too bad, but it dropped through out the day. Which was wonderful since I had to walk home from work. I forgot to mention that it rained all day too. My bonehead 9 year old took my umbrella to school, so I had to buy a cheap poncho at work to wear home. I was soaked by the time I made it, which put me in a bad mood.

I am well into the second block of my Aran afghan. This block is the twisted lattice. This one is not mindless since there is no repeat to the rows. It is knitting up quickly though. I think the pattern is going to be backwards from the pattern picture, but that is from that I tend to read charts backwards.

I should be working on my blocks or looking for the Halloween costume for trick-or-treating. My son wants me to dress up to take them trick-or-treating. I just can't get my mind to work, I just received a call from my dad, he had to rush my mom to the hospital, they thought she was having a stroke. She had a blocked carotid artery. They will decide tomorrow what they will do, either scrape it or put a stint in. I am so worried. I am sure it will be fine but we don't usually have medical emergencies in my family. My grandmother just turned 97 yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines